2. Apply the stone aggregate (blue metal dust): Once the area is cleared, apply the stone aggregate with a rake to smooth out the stones. Screed the aggregate until it is level to ensure proper drainage, then spray water on the aggregate and compact until the area is firm and even.
3. Roll out each section of artificial turf: And make sure all pieces have the yarn lying in the same direction.
4. Mark the location of the seam: Do this before you pull back the surface of the turf to expose 30cm of the crushed aggregate. Roll the join tape down the seam before applying adhesive onto the joint tape and lay the pieces together. Apply pressure to the seam to ensure it’s firmly connected.
5. Secure the turf: Place one 25cm spike every corner. Place at least one long nail or U-shape pin every 30 cm all along the edges. Place one long nail or U-shape pin every 20 cm on the join and along both side of the join to secure.
6. Fit the turf: Trim along the edges to ensure your artificial turf fits snugly within the space.
7. Apply the Infill (whitewashed sands): Use a power broom or lawn broom to smooth out the sands and seal the lawn. We recommend a white sand infill of 5 to 15kg for every square metre of artificial turf, depending on the type. As the density of our products is high, no rubber granules or additional sand is required.
As you can see, ordering and installing artificial grass yourself couldn’t be any easier. To place an order or find out more, contact us on (08) 9337 7715, visit our showroom or send an online enquiry.
Professional Installation Services
When it comes to commercial landscaping jobs, rooftop spaces, artificial turf installation for sports fields, schools and other commercial applications, you will require our professional installation services to ensure your new synthetic lawn is laid correctly and efficiently.
Our experienced team are fully trained to deliver not only a seamless installation of your artificial turf, but to ensure your new investment looks and performs at its best.
For more information about our professional installation services, call our team on (08) 9337 7715 or send us an online enquiry.